Students in the Hazlett group have access to state of the art chemical engineering lab equipment in the brand new lab space in the Applied Science Hub. These facilities include characterization equipment important for the characterization of catalyst samples such as:
- High-pressure thermogravimetric analyzer: determines the reactivity of materials by measuring mass changes due to heating in a gas stream.
- Differential scanning calorimeter: measures the heat capacity of materials. It can detect structural changes resulting from heating of materials.
- Gas adsorption analyzer: measures surface properties of porous materials such as catalysts and nanomaterials.
- Atomic force microscope: scans the surface of a sample on a molecular scale with a probe and composes a synthetic image of the surface as if it was photographed through a microscope with extreme magnification.
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer
Applied Science Hub on Loyola Campus - Home of Chemical and Materials Engineering
Concordia University Facilities
More information about research centers at Concordia University can be found by following the link.